New Jersey attorneys | Free Consultation.
NEW JERSEY PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
At any given time, an individual may experience an incident or accident that will cause injury. Unfortunately, once you experience one, taking care of the injury incurred may burden you with expensive medical bills. This begs the question of whether you can make an injury claim.
In New Jersey, this question has two answers. For one, you and your personal injury lawyer have to ascertain the possibility of holding another party liable for the injury. On the other hand, one also has to ascertain if the accident case meets the state threshold for a personal injury case. If the answers to both questions are in the affirmative, you have every right to seek for a New Jersey personal injury attorney.
WHAT DOES PERSONAL INJURY LAW MEAN?
Personal injury is a term that connotes an injury to the human mind or emotions and body. It centers on wounds and mishaps that do not concern properties. Meaning, if you sustain injuries from a car accident that was caused by another party, you can claim damages.
Personal injuries are not limited to auto accidents. In Jersey City, product defects, slips and falls, animal bites, machinery mishaps, and many more, are aspects of personal injuries.
Personal injury law allows an injured individual to receive compensation when another party’s intentional act of negligence causes harm. It allows the injured party to get legal compensation, via a civil court, for losses caused by an accidentor other unfortunate occurrences.
Once an incident occurs, our New Jersey personal injury attorney will help you file a court document. This document highlights the parties involved in the lawsuit, the wrongdoing of the defendant, how the wrongdoing led to the plaintiff’s injury, and the compensation required by the plaintiff. In summary, the process of a personal injury case involves the following: the defendant contributes to the plaintiff’s injury, the plaintiff seeks compensation, and settlement negotiation begins. If it goes well, the case ends there. If not, the personal injury case will be taken to court.
STEPS REQUIRED TO FILE A CLAIM WITH A NEW JERSEY PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
To file a claim with a New Jersey personal injury attorney, there are certain steps that a complainant needs to take to enjoy legal benefits:
- Seek medical help: Your health should be your priority. Once you determine that a first aid application cannot significantly reduce the risk of your injury, get medical care. Even when you feel okay a day or two after you got an injury, be sure to get medical care because internal injury might affect your health. Besides working to improve the state of your health, seeking medical attention helps document the treatment, injuries, and fees.
- File a report: Once you’re stable, do well to report the incident to an appropriate entity. In the case of an auto crash, you should have comprehensive documentation of the event and file a police report.
- Collation of necessary evidence: One way to secure your benefits with the help of a personal injury attorney in Jersey City is to take relevant pictures of the scene where the injury occurred. With the help of our seasoned NJ attorneys, you can gather the phone numbers of witnesses, police reports, medical records, medical bills, witness testimony, employment details, and wages.
- Hire an attorney: When this kind of injury happens in NJ, you should seek the help of a competent attorney. Our firm can help you ascertain the right legal route to take, the medical cost and compensation, the extent of your injury, the right defendant to seek compensation, and if the negligence of another party has a role to play in the personal injury claim.
- Compensation package: This step is vital. With the help of our firm, you can demand compensation benefits. Our attorneys can help you file a demand letter that will clearly state your case, damages (injury, medical bills, wages lost, suffering and pain, and medical expenses for the future). As a response, the other party will either make a counteroffer, reject the demand or accept it.
- File a personal injury lawsuit
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IN NEW JERSEY
All states in the country have limits on the period you have to file a lawsuit after you’ve suffered harm. Depending on the nature or type of case, there are different deadlines. Now, any law that places this sort of time limit is regarded as a statute of limitations.
In New Jersey, for instance, the statute of limitations for cases of personal injury is two years. This means that the injured person has two years to file a lawsuit against the entity or party responsible for the injury. The day starts counting from the exact day the accident that precipitated the injury happened. If you fail to get the personal injury lawsuit filed before the expiration time, the Jersey City court systemavers that you have automatically given up your right to compensation. This happens unless there’s an extension of the deadline, which hardly occurs.
The NJ limitations for personal injury claims can be found in New Jersey Revised Statutes section 2A:14-2.
NEED A NEW JERSEY PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY? HIRE US
Our personal injury attorney team has a track record of processing personal injury cases and securing compensation for clients. To meet the goals of our clients, our firm thinks outside of the box and implement necessary innovations wherever there is room for improvement.
Our attorneys are seasoned, experienced, and skillful injury lawyers across New Jersey. Our firm prioritizes clients and ensures prompt and practical legal advice and consultation regarding personal injury.
Our team of personal injury attorneys represents individuals with different types of personal injuries, including slip and fall, motor vehicle accidents, chemical exposure, human and pet attack injuries, caregiver negligence, construction accidents, prescription mix ups, pedestrian accidents, playground accidents, product liability accidents, and public transport accidents.
Do you want to file an injury claim or have one or two questions regarding the process? If yes, call us for a comprehensive guide with all the necessary details to help you get the benefits you deserve!
TOP LAWYERS IN NEW JERSEY
Complete FREE Case Evaluation & Review